Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Guinea pig head tilt. Huh head is tilting. Doesn't seem to…

Customer Question
Guinea pig head tilt ...

Guinea pig head tilt

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the guinea pig?

Huh head is tilting

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the guinea pig seem to hurt?

Doesn't seem to be in plain

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Just the head time, just the head his ears looks like the one pugs ear

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the guinea pig's name and age?

I have two

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the guinea pig's name?

Had him for about a month

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the guinea pig?

His name is Pua

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pet
Can you prescribe antibiotics on this site?
11/29/2017
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 7 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

I appologise for the wait. When I came on I saw you had not been helped, so I wanted to make sure you are and Pua are assisted.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you with Pua.

What you are describing is called Torticollis or wyr neck which is usually a result of an infection in the ear. Without being examined we do not know where the infection is located, so a Vet visit will be needed so the infection can be addressed. They will treat with a Guinea Pig Safe Antibiotic. The one issue with Torticollis, is that if the problem is not caught early on, the neck can stay in that position permenently. This is a link about this problem:

http://animals.mom.me/head-tilting-guinea-pig-1700.html

Please hit reply tp discuss this information. I am here to assist you and Pua.

Joan

the vet can't prescribe a prophylactic antibiotics

Pua will have to be seen by an experienced Guinea Pig Vet hands on to get the proper Antibiotic to treat the infection. It is illegal for a Vet or Tech to prescribe medications without Personal contact with the animal. If you need a list of Guinea pig Vets I can locate some for you.

Joan

This is a link to locate Guinea Pig Vets by State:

http://www.guinealynx.info/vetlist.html

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan