Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My daughter has a Syrian Hamster and it was rather cold this…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a Syrian Hamster and it was rather cold this morning...she found her all limp and unresponsive...but read about hibernation

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

And began to warm her up on her stomach under her shirt

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Syrian hamster's name and age?

Smitty, and we don't really know the age as she got her from the pet store in the mall and they did not say

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Syrian hamster?

I don't think she would be over a year though seems very unlikely Anyway...smitty showed some signs of life, took some warm milk but then gasped a few times and urinated...and is now unresponsive again

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pet
11/28/2017
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?