Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My hamster is peeing blood. Gunther and he is almost 3. His…

Customer Question
My hamster is peeing...

My hamster is peeing blood

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the hamster's name and age?

Gunther and he is almost 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gunther?

His left eye seem small too

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pet
11/22/2017
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a picture of the two eyes for comparison?

Has the eye always appeared small?

Is he squinting or rubbing either eye?

He is not rubbing the eyes and no both eyes was always big

The image is blurry. I will need one side shot, still, in focus in order to help you determine if there is an abnormality with either eye.

The blood in the urine is highly suspicious for a urinary tract infection and needs to be treated by your vet. Your vet will most likely want to try a course of antibiotics for your companion. Symptoms typically resolve within a few days of starting antibiotics. You'll want to ensure that fresh water is given all the time to help keep the bladder flushed and I would also offer fresh fruits and veggies to keep the fluid intake up.

K

If you'll send pictures of the eyes, I can help you further there as well. Please let me know if you need help finding a vet in your area to see your companion.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

I'm good will make appt with vat

If that changes, let me know. I'll check in on you tomorrow and see how things are going.