Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Thank you! Our guinea pig just ate a chewing gum, Wrigley's…

Customer Question
Thank you! Our guinea...

Thank you! Our guinea pig just ate a chewing gum, Wrigley's Extra with Xylitol. Is it bad?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the guinea pig will be able to digest that. What is the guinea pig's name and age?

The guinea pig's name is ***** ***** is 2 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Luke?

No, he is a healthy and happy guinea pig.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pet
11/20/2017
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 8 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years, I wwill try and assist you.

The Guinea pig needs to be seen at an ER Vet asap. Xyliutol is highly toxic to pets. In this case we cannot induce vomiting since they cannot vomit. The Vet wuill have to detoxify and treat Your Guinea Pig with medications to pull through this.

Joan

Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 7 months ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan