Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I have a black moor fish that is no longer able to swim he…

Customer Question
I have a black...

I have a black moor fish that is no longer able to swim he is now upside down at the bottom of the tank he eats and moves around but spends all day belly up what can I do to help him

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the fish's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** i have him for the past 2 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coal?

Only that hes pretty much healthy he eats peas and tries to swim around but goea back to bottom of tank belly up ive tried putting aquarium salt and also doing water changes i checked the ph levels and all and everything is fine except that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pet
11/16/2017
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 8 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have kept fish for over 45 years. I am sorry nobody has assist you yet. I would ike to help, but I do need to ask some questions,

Is coal alone in the tank?

Size of the tank?

Water Parameters Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates and PH?

Filtration?

Are the scale standing away from the body?

Joan