Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

My two rescue pups go into an altercation. The lab mix 57

pounds has a decent size...
My two rescue pups go into an altercation. The lab mix 57 pounds has a decent size gash. I cleaned with soap and water , rinsed with peroxide .
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: put neosporin on and bandage . My vet isn’t ooen
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: open until the morning . Her name is ***** ***** months old .
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Harper?
Customer: No she is a healthy pup, she was spayed Two months ago , no other medical issues .
11/14/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this...let me review your question and I will help you...

Ok, read your question. How can I help you?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
I have Amox/K 875-125mg. Can i give her that ? Also is there anything for pain until the vet opens in the morning ?

Is there any active bleeding and where is the wound?

do you have any rimadyl or tramadol?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Bleeding has stopped , the wound is on the back of her front leg . I put gauze on it and bandaged it .

ok, and you said weight is 57 pounds?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
57.8
Customer reply replied 8 days ago
She was just weighed when we picked up her bravecto pill .

You can give her 1/2 tablet of the amoxicillin 875-125 orally every 12 hours with food for 10 days.

Do you have any rimadyl or tramadol?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
I don’t have either one .

do you have any plain aspirin?

just aspirin.....

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
we do

325 mg?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
325 mg coated aspirin

You can give 1 tablet tonight with a full meal....and then do not repeat in am because your vet will probably want to use something else and let your vet know..

Can I answer any other questions?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Great thank you , one last question is it best to keep the wound covered or uncovered for this evening .

I would keep it covered but make sure bandage is not too tight.....

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Thank you so much .

Let me know if you need additional help...DRB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian