Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

I noticed you answered a question about a raccoon on here

Customer Question
and was wondering if you...
I noticed you answered a question about a raccoon on here and was wondering if you are familiar with them. My aunt has a raccoon that she has had for eight years and she used to have a vet who would treat him. However, here vet was retired and has recently passed away. Her pet raccoon recently seems to have caught a cold virus (looking it up I was thinking it might be a coronavirus) and has now developed a cough. She can't find a new veterinarian who is willing to treat her raccoon and so I thought I would look into getting antibiotics for her. I was wondering what you might recommend? He has been sick for 6 days and is not eating his normal food. He will eat pecans which are usually a treat, but is whining and sniffling and is now developing a little cough. Worried about pneumonia setting in, what is the antibiotic of choice?Thank you
Lee
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Pet
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The page keeps telling me it will be 8 minutes for an answer, but it has been about an hour. Maybe it would be easier to tell me what is the antibiotic of choice for a 25 lb dog with suspected pneumonia (my aunt told me her vet told her that anything a dog can take is usually what he used for her raccoon).Thank you
Answered in 4 days by:
11/17/2017
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 26 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Dr. Andy, Medical Director