Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My lionhead goldfish has a streamer coming out of his head…

Customer Question
My lionhead goldfish has...

My lionhead goldfish has a white streamer coming out of his head and he's not eating!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the lion's name and age?

Moe and he's about 1 1/2.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Moe?

He is swimming around and bumping into the glass.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pet
11/11/2017
Pet Specialist: Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist replied 8 months ago
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience keeping pets. I'm sorry to hear that your fish is having this problem.I suspect this is a parasite. Can you send a photo so I can confirm this and see what kind it isn't? You can up,oad a picture by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of the space where you type. Instructions will pop up. Thank you,