Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

It is about my bird. a parakeet. it was having diarrhea for

Hi It is about my...
Hi It is about my bird. a parakeet. it was having diarrhea for several days
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your bird?
Customer: Today it is all big and trembling It was on the floor on the cage all morning lying down almost dead. I keep the heat on close to the cage but he is still weak and trembling It breaks my heart no to know what to do
JA: Where does your bird seem to hurt?
Customer: I cannot tell it is all puff up and trembling so weak
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: As I said it is puff up trembling and so weak
JA: Is your bird eating normally?
Customer: It was eating yesterday Today he is weak and trembling no eating and cannot reach to the water either His poop is stuck to is butt
JA: OK, abnormal eating. What is the bird's name?
Customer: Tuesday
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tuesday?
Customer: Just what I told you I gave plenty information of his condition today. Trembling weak no eating and the poop is stuck on his butt
10/17/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you today....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Dr. So what could it be ?

I am really sorry to hear that your bird is not doing well. Unfortunately birds by nature hide their illnesses from their owners and this makes it very difficult to know in the early stages that they are sick. If your bird is weak and on the bottom of the cage that means it is trying to pass away......and is very very sick. You need to find a bird vet in your area and let them see your bird asap to determine if there is any hope for your pet. I suspect based on everything you have reported that your bird will die in the next 24 hours. There is a very small possibility of saving your bird but you will have to find an avian and exotic vet asap.

Diarrhea is a very non specific sign of disease and it does not tell you what is wrong...only that something is wrong....

I can help you find a bird vet if you let me know where you live...

Can I help you find a bird vet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you . I know a vet close by.

If you do not currently have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Let me know if I can offer any additional advice or assistance....DRB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian