Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My guinea pig is bleeding from her and the vet can't see her…

My guinea pig is...

My guinea pig is bleeding from her butt and the vet can't see her til tomorrow

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the guinea pig's name and age?

Oreo and she is almost 1 year

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oreo?

Her belly is very bloated and she won't eat

10/10/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you with this...

first I need to ask is this blood actually coming from her rectum or just near there?

I can't really tell..but it looks like from her butt
Yeah her back side is where it is coming from

is it constant?

Not constant but it looks like a bit is on the fluff on her cage floor.

When you look at her back in is it seeping?

so, is there active bleeding?

The pictures are not clear....but there does not appear to be any active bleeding there......is your guinea pig active?

She is moving around a bit and she is not eating her pellets but she is eating pieces of pepper

Ok, well if you cannot get her to an ER tonight then there is not anything you can really do other than hold pressure on the area of bleeding if that becomes necessary......and let her eat the peppers....

Can I answer any other questions for you tonight?

No that's it thanks.

Make sure her cage is not near an AC vent so she does not get cold...

Ok I will make sure she is warm

best of luck tomorrow and if you have additional questions after your vet visit I am online every night....no extra charge in next two nights...

If you do not currently have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian