Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

OK! Up front, my dog is a rescue! He was 2 years old when I

Customer Question

OK! Up front, my dog is a rescue! He was 2 years old when I got him. (He is fixed). We have now had him for a year. When I first brought him home, he attacked me with full force at his dinner time (I get the food aggression). He attacked again with full force when scooching or scratching sounds were made in dirt or near him (we have now changed that part of his aggression). I hired a trainer and spent $1000.00. The previous owner had said the dog was good, no aggression and he would sleep on our bed if we'd let him. All that being said, all I've ever owned have been working dogs (Aussies, Border Collies, McNab Mix and Rottweilers)! These people would not take him back (which was a clue) and sent me back my $200.00. My previous dogs have never had these issues! Now, when we take him (in the truck), it seems that he is becoming more and more aggressive in his role. Eric and I take him everywhere with us but now he has taken to trying to get in the front of the truck and snapping and biting our hands and arms on the console. As if he needs to be in front and guard the truck. I'm thinking a metal guard between him and us in the back seat but the aggression is fierce! He is a medium dog at 39 lbs., queensland heeler/aussie mix! Any other time he wants to hug, snuggle, run (us on bikes), GO, love & kisses any other time! I've had many dogs and am a pretty fair trainer, but I'm at my wits end! Seems as if he turns in to a Dingo! Muzzle at the Vet as well! Help if you can!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lethargy? What?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: Did you read my first report? Lethargy is the least of this dogs problem!!!! BTW his name is ***** ***** he's extremely active!
Category: Pet
Expert:  Sally G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am on and off line throughout the day , every day, so do not worry about when you can respond to me as I will eventually see it. So take your time in your response so I can gather all information needed.

Please tell me what the other trainer told you to do.

Do you train the dog daily using a positive method?

Have you tried anything different than what the other trainer told you to do and if so how long did you put that plan in place?