Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My dog is constipsed.whst can I do immediately to relive her…

Customer Question
My dog is constipsed.whst...

My dog is constipsed.whst can I do immediately to relive her pain and to get her yo poop

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Loulou 7yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Loulou?

7

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pet
I need answers. Now
9/28/2017
Pet Specialist: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 10 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am sorry that your question was not picked up sooner. There are very few experts on at that time of night when you wrote in.

You can use some metamucil to help move things along , go by directions on the package. Be sure the dog is drinking plenty of water with this or it can form an intestinal obstruction.

You can also begin adding some pure canned pumpkin to the diet if you want to go with food rather than medications. Small dogs a teaspoon, large dogs two tablespoons AM & PM.

If the constipation is from an intestinal blockage from a non food item however you do not want to force bowel movements as this can be dangerous.

If this does not help the pup evacuate the bowels then please do see your Vet.

Information on metamucil http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=26+1303&aid=1473

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DakotaSouthFive