Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

We have a raccoon that recently almost stopped eating. One…

Customer Question
Hello. We have a...

Hello. We have a raccoon that recently almost stopped eating. One eye developed a film over tyre iris. She has list a lot of weight.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the raccoon's name and age?

Smokey and she is 17 months old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Smokey?

She has not been spayed. She was rescued the day she was born. We bottle fed her and after observing other coons we believe she is developmentally challenged.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pet
9/25/2017
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Is she squinting or rubbing the eye?

I am not home now. She does squint at times.

Would you like to continue without a picture or wait until you're home to send it along? This may affect how accurate my answer is if I cannot see what you're seeing.

I will send pics later today. Thank you.

Sure thing.