Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My hamster wont poop and wont eat at all, he also hasnt been…

Customer Question
My hamster wont poop...

My hamster wont poop and wont eat at all, he also hasnt been running on his wheel and has been sleeping alot.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your hamster. What is the hamster's name and age?

He is a syrian hamster, he is a few months old and i've only had him for about a week.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your hamster?

Yes, when we first got him he ran in his wheel alot, then i realised his tail area was abit wet, but he does not have wet tail. now he isn't eating or pooping, he is still drinking water as usual but sleeps alot.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Pet
9/20/2017
Pet Specialist: Richard Rawling,
 replied 10 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Pet Specialist: Richard Rawling,
 replied 10 months ago

Does he have any signs of diarrhea? Is his bed more smelly or wet than usual?

he actually has been peeing next to his bed area, but he has also been drinking more water from time to time.
Pet Specialist: Richard Rawling,
 replied 10 months ago

How long has he been off his food for?

about 2 days now.
Pet Specialist: Richard Rawling,
 replied 10 months ago

Is he straining to poop?

haven't seen him do so. but he urinates in the same area of the cage always and lies down to pee on his stomach. he also keeps sleeping in random places around the cage and not in his usual small house bed.
hellooo?? please help.
Pet Specialist: Richard Rawling,
 replied 10 months ago

Is he straining to poop?