Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Second opinion] I recently noticed that my cat has an odd…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi :) I...
Second opinion] Hi :) I recently noticed that my cat has an odd little head twitch. Especialy when she's being affectionate, her mouth will open a little and then the twitch will follow, always on her right sideJA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is about 11, i thinkJA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Storm?Customer: She is on Urinary SO diet due to bladder stones in the past, but that has cleared. I had a vet do ultrasound and she's not super social, so it would be difficult to get her seen by a vet
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pet
9/17/2017
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It looks like the expert you requested has not signed on since your question posted. Would you like to continue to wait or work with me instead?

Hi there
I can work with you on this, yes. I did get a previous response but I'm still feeling a bit unsettled
Kitty seems better today, less twitching but still exhibiting peculiar behaviour. It's as if she can't see? She avoids some things such as her water bowl unless i bring her to it. She eats fine, uses her litterbox, but no poop. And is affectionate, but if i touch her too much, gets annoyed. If I don't touch her at all, she whines. There are no "trigger" spots on her. Last time I took her to the vet, and $500 later, they told me she's fine though she certainly was not impressed with the vet crew (she wasn't very social). She has always been peculiar, so that part is not so abnormal. It's that twitching that threw me off. And when she licks my fingers (she always does), she doesn't use her full tongue, just the tip. Could she have just bit into something? She yawned and I -- like her personal kitty stalker-- looked into her mouth but didn't see anything. I may be paranoid because my mom's cat was recently euthanized. She had a cancer under her tongue which was inoperable. Needless to say, vet costs were very high.

Do you happen to have a video of what you're seeing? Is this something that happens frequently?

When was bloodwork last run for her? Do you have a copy to share if recent?

When you say no poop, will she not defecate in the box or she's not defecating at all?

Have any medications been applied or used recently?

I am also a fellow kitty stalker. Anytime may cats wish to yawn around me I take that as a personal opportunity to scan their mouth quickly for any abnormalities. I consider this good preventive care and they're happy to let me look since I'm not otherwise bothering them! ;)