Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Redfoot tortise has a respitory infection and get into a vet…

Customer Question
Redfoot tortise has a...

Redfoot tortise has a respitory infection and get into a vet right away, what can i do to help until then

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the tortoise can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the tortoise's name and age?

Torque, 8 or 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Torque?

Stop eating but that usually happens with infections

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 11 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

For an RI you will need to increase the Temps 5*F. You can give a short soak in a 50/50 Pedialyte and warm water soak for hydration. For feeding you can use Critical care for Herbivores which will be a nutrition source. Torque really needs to be started on an Antibiotic to get him feeling better. WE are limited at home for treatments other than emergency feeding hydration and temperatures. I can locate Herp Vet for you if you would like to supply a State or Country. It is important he be seen asap.

Joan

Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 10 months ago
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan

How is your Red foot since we last talked? Is he doing better?

Joan