Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have a sick guinea pig- her tummy is very tender and she

Customer Question

I have a sick guinea pig- her tummy is very tender and she is not moving around very much. None of the local emergency vets will see piggies- I called them all.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the guinea pig. What is the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: Coco- She is about 6 months old. We've had her for about 1.5 weeks.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Coco-?
Customer: don't thin so-
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is there any potential that Coco may have eaten something she should not have consumed?

Is she still eating and drinking well?

How are her urinary habits?

Do you have a regular vet that sees your GPs? If not, can you provide your city and state so that I may search for one in your area?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is not eating or drinking, except from a dropper which I put in her mouth. I've only had her for 1.5 weeks so she hasn't seen a vet yet- I called all of the emergency clinics in the area and no one is on duty that will see exotics.
She ate a lot of greens today- spinach, parsley, and romaine. Nothing unusual. There is a clicking sound when she breathes and mucous coming from one nostril- I"m starting to think she has a URI.

Can you clarify? You originally said she was not eating but mentioned she ate lots of greens today.