Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My pet dwarf hamster whose breed is sapphire has the like

Customer Question

My pet dwarf hamster whose breed is sapphire has the like redness on her armpit and I am not sure what it is. Also, she has been scratching it in a corner. Other than that every other thing like eating and drinking is pretty much the norm. So may I ask what's wrong with her and how shld I take care of her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: The hamster is ard 2months now plus minus
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the hamster?
Customer: Nothing else
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

MyDo you see any little black flects on her?

Is she itching all over?

name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years,

Can you tell me what type of bedding you are using?

Is she housed alone?the area under the leg is is red like she has been chewing on it?

Joan