Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

We think our guinea pig had a seizure. Was seen by emergency

Customer Question

We think our guinea pig had a seizure. Was seen by emergency vet and told that there was nothing physically wrong with lungs, heart etc. Was give an injection of Valium and sent home with a vial. Today she is not able to move her back legs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: Cupcake, maybe 2 we obtained her and her sister from a person who no longer could care for them.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the guinea pig?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Did the clinic perform any bloodwork on her?
2) Can you tell me about any vitamin supplementation given?
3) What does her diet consist of?
4) Can you share video of her ambulation at this time?
5) Any known history of trauma?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** afternoon she saw a Vet in our area (Emergency Clinic). She had a tumor on her pancreas. Sad to say she had to be put down.

I am so sorry to hear. Thank you for informing me.