PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Just got home and my daughter said our pug had a seizure

Customer Question

Just got home and my daughter said our pug had a seizure that lasted 4-5 minutes. She placed a cool towel on her to keep her body temp down. She couldn't drive. She was panting and barking but now is lying still and just breathing deep. She never recovered from the seizure. We just got home and this has been 4 hours
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the pug's name and age?
Customer: She is 4 years old and has had 2 seizures about 2 years ago. The vet thought it was from a severe uti
JA: What is the pug's name?
Customer: Rizzo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rizzo?
Customer: No
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is she responsive at all stimuli? Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

If she is non-responsive to stimulus and did not recover consciousness after the seizure, you absolutely need to be on your way to the local veterinary ER as this is a medical emergency. Otherwise, I will stand by for more info. If you need help finding an ER location in your area, I need your city, state and zip code.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Her eyes seem to be reactive to light but she is not responding..

This sounds like an emergency. Do you need help finding an emergency location in your area?