Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Same as this bunny. He has a pinched nerve and some spinal…

Customer Question
Same as this bunny...

Same as this bunny. He has a pinched nerve and some spinal issues. Can you send me a link to those bunny wheelchairs. Or, since his problem is only one leg, should I just let him drag it?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes, he is being treated at Auburn medical hospital by the exotic animal specialist, however the physical therapy isn't working.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the bunny's name?

He has wounds on the right foot from overusing that leg, and he has wounds in the left foot from dragging it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bunny?

Solomon

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2017
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 11 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you with Solonm.

I would would use a Rabbit cart for him even if it is only one leg. The problem is with dragging it the leg can get pressure sores, scrapes hair loss, and further injuries if not protected. The cart also gives the ease and mobility so Solomn can be active.

These are links for cart:

http://www.k-9cart.com/Pet-Evaluation/rabbit-carts#

http://www.catsandrabbitsandmore.com/

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Joan