Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My betta fish is listless and had no appetite. I thought…

Customer Question
My betta fish is...

My betta fish is listless and had no appetite. I thought perhaps his tank needed cleaning but that's not it. He's just lurking and he looks duller somehow. He doesn't have white spots but does have a green sheen to his electric blue in the light. What Can I do to help him

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the fish. What is the fish's name and age?

Nicholas and I'm not sure re age. We got him in April.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the fish?

His eyes look weird not bulgy just different

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Pet
8/2/2017
Pet Specialist: Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist replied 11 months ago
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged in and saw your question. I'm sorry to hear that Nicholas is not well. If you still need help, would it be possible to post a picture of him? That way I can see what is happening to him. You can upload a photo by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of the space where you type. Instructions will pop up.Thank you.
Hi thanks so much for replying- he's so much better suddenly and he's had his meal so am going to watch him for a day and then get back.
OK. I'm watch for your reply tomorrow.