Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My betta fish is listless and had no appetite. I thought

Customer Question

My betta fish is listless and had no appetite. I thought perhaps his tank needed cleaning but that's not it. He's just lurking and he looks duller somehow. He doesn't have white spots but does have a green sheen to his electric blue in the light. What Can I do to help him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the fish. What is the fish's name and age?
Customer: Nicholas and I'm not sure re age. We got him in April.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the fish?
Customer: His eyes look weird not bulgy just different
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged in and saw your question. I'm sorry to hear that Nicholas is not well. If you still need help, would it be possible to post a picture of him? That way I can see what is happening to him. You can upload a photo by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of the space where you type. Instructions will pop up.Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi thanks so much for replying- he's so much better suddenly and he's had his meal so am going to watch him for a day and then get back.
Expert:  Anna replied 2 months ago.
OK. I'm watch for your reply tomorrow.