Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My daughter accidentally squeezed the rabbit a little too…

Customer Question
My daughter accidentally squeezed...

My daughter accidentally squeezed the rabbit a little too hard and now the rabbit has some blood on her nose. The rabbit seems fine. And running around

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the rabbit?

Nothing else to my knowledge

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pet
7/30/2017
Pet Specialist: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** you for your question. Accidents can happen. At this time, the best thing that you can do for this little one at home is to have her in a quiet area where she can just rest and not be stressed for the next few hours. She should have some fresh water and food easily accessible. What I wouldn't want to see is the bleeding continuing for over 20 minutes, her getting really distressed, or her becoming very weak. Ideally she is just quiet and resting well during that time to recoup from this accident. It is important to make sure younger kids know how to handle these guys. Make sure they properly support them if they are being carried as they can break their back if they kick when not supported.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?