Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

My hamster has a red growth in its right ear, Cougar and I'm

Customer Question

My hamster has a red growth in its right ear
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: Cougar and I'm not sure about her age
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your hamster?
Customer: She is a dwarf hamster I think robo and is very active and still doing the same daily activities
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. When hear hear about a bump on a hamswter several issues come to mind as what it can be. Hamsters are prone to abscesses. If you feel the bump, it may feel soft and squishy, that could easily be an anscess treated with an antibiotic by the Vet. Another is a cyst, which would be harder and maybe roll around. Lastly, we may be looking at a tumor. They can be benign, or malignant meaning a form of Cancer.

In a Situation like this the best way to deal with it especially in a Robo hamster is to have the Vet examine it and decide what course of treatment is needed. If a tumor, it could eventually grow and close off the ear canal, so having Cougar seen is very important. Please hit reply to discuss this information. My goal is to give you excellent service and earm a 5 star rating today.

Joan