Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

Our pet dwarf hamster seems to have a rash on its back. We

Customer Question

Hi! Our pet dwarf hamster seems to have a rash on its back. We were out of town and had someone else taking care of him. Water dripped on the exact spot that is irritated and they fed him quite a few carrots and celery for a week. what can we do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** the pet shop is not sure how old he is. We think about one year.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nibbles?
Customer: It looks like some of the fur is gone on his back and his skin is red in that area.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of that you're seeing?

What caused the water to be dripped on this spot?

Any itching?