Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have a 3 year old koi, I think, female. It is about 18-20

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old koi, I think, female. It is about 18-20 inches and quite stout. Lately she just hangs out near the side, quite stationary, and does not eat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Koi's name?
Customer: Brasso
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Koi?
Customer: No. All the other koi in the pond are quite active, and feed in a frenzy
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 2 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 40 years of experience keeping fish. I'm sorry to hear of Brasso's problem. Some additional information may help us figure out what is wrong.

When you say she is stout, does that mean she swollen in some areas? If so, where - right in front of her tail, her abdomen, etc.?

Are any of her scales sticking up, giving her a pine cone like appearance?

Do her gills and scales appear normal?

Thank you.

Expert:  Anna replied 2 months ago.

I will be logging off for the night soon. I'll check back in the morning to see if you have replied.