Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling,
Experience:  Veterinary Surgeon at Tameside Veterinary Clinic
97222438

A few months ago she began occasionally pooping on the bed.

A few months ago she began occasionally pooping on the bed. Maybe a couple times a week. This week she has diarrhea and is pooping anywhere she likes and has peed on my bed twice in 24 hrs. She is very good natured and lovable, so not usually moody. Although, entitled like cats plate apt to be...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: jeebus, 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about jeebus?
Customer: She is fixed and eats a diet ofor raw food (kangaroo) and dry grain free kibble. She has been on a new kibble for about a week. She has also been outside on a leash often this month. She eats grads Grass*

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Have there been any changes recently? Have you moved her litter boxes? Changed the type of litter? Introduced a new pet? Anything that could have upset her?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Nothing new! Just the new dry food

When did you first notice the diarrhea?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
5 or 6 days ago

Ok, that change may indeed be due to her new kibble. However, she was already pooping on your bed is that correct?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Out of spite, it seems. Since about january

Its not necessarily out of spite. It is often her way of trying to tell you she is not happy about something. Try and think, were there any changes when she started doing this? Did you have a change in your working hours for example....

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I work from home, and she loves it. She is very food driven and seems to punish me when I don't feed her according to her desires

Have you tried any measures to prevent the inappropriate elimination so far?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
keeping her out of my bedroom... but as soon as she sneaks in she will poop on the bed. And today, she peed on the bed! Right in front of me.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Also changed her to raw kangaroo which helped her craziness for wet canned food. She loves kangaroo

OK. I think we have 2 separate issues here. Firstly we need to address the diarrhea. Feeding a light diet such as plain white fish or boiled chicken can help settle the diarrhea. If she has not been dewormed recently I would recommend some deworming treatment also. If her signs of diarrhea are not settling over the next few days, she may benefit from seeing your vet.

The other issue is likely related to stress. This is the closest you and Jeebus can get to having a conversation and it is our job to listen.

Even if we cannot identify what is stressing or upsetting her, there are some things we can do to help.

Use of plug in pheromone diffusers such as Feliway can help. These should be placed in the area where Buddy spends most of his time for best effect.
There is also a supplement called Zylkene which can be effective and is best used in combination with Feliway.
It is a milk protein extract and works by promoting a feeling of contentment - think a young kitten with a belly full of milk after a good long feed.

Using these medications can really help with these kind of problems and hopefully make both your lives more pleasant.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the pheromones may help her stress behaviour?

Absolutely, that is their main indication for use and what they were developed to treat.