Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have a gold fish pond and fish have been dying .I have

Customer Question

I have a gold fish pond and fish have been dying .I have tried pees thinking it could be bladder disease but they continue dying
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the fish?
Customer: they are not moving as they should huddled in one spot not eating as the should .not eating was the first symptom.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anna replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in fish. I'm sorry to hear your fish are having a problem. The symptoms don't sound like swim bladder disease. The first thing to do in a situation like this is to test the water. If you have already done that, please send me the numbers in parts per million (ppm) for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.If you haven't tested the water, you can buy a good test kit at a larger pet store. The API Master Test Kit is a good one. The ones with strips you dip in the water aren't accurate.When you have results, please let me know. Until we have that information, we can't do anything to help. Thank you.
Expert:  Anna replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

I'm checking to see if you tested the water yet. It's very important that we get this taken care of soon, so you don't lose all your fish.