Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My betta fish has a cloud coming out of his stomach,

Customer Question

my betta fish has a white cloud coming out of his stomach, breathing fast, has big eyes, is bloated, and sits at the bottom of the tank, might be pine coning i can't tell.....im not sure whats wrong with him. there might be a fungus issue. i really can't tell.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the fish's name and age?
Customer: im not sure of either. im home from college and its my sisters fish
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the fish?
Customer: no.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he been like this?

What are the current water parameter readings (ie pH, nitrites, nitrates, ammonia)?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.