Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

My Rabbit, has looked like she has thrown up, its a

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: My Rabbit, has looked like she has thrown up, its a yellowish colour with her food in it. Her food is a mis of pellets, hay and seed.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did, eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, she had a small amount of apple before bed time as a treat. Yet she ate everything normally.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. How old is,?
Customer: She is nearly 1. She isnt vaxaented or desexed yet due to money.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about,?
Customer: It was green apple and her name is ***** ***** is my first rabbit yet my mum did has one when she was younger. So we are conserned
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been Vet tech for 35+ Years. I would luke to assist you.

The Rabbit did not throw up since they do not have the ability to Vomit. That is why the primary reasons that ingesting fur can lead to serious problems, such as wool block, or sluggish motility when combined with a low-fiber diet.

THe Diet should not be seed. Rabbits need a High fiber diet of a good quality grass hay, about an 1/8 of a cup of pellets and some fresh veggies.

She may have a dental issue if you have given get carrots and they cam out of her mouth or the same holds true for the apple you fed. You need to monitor the stools and be sure she is passing normal pellets and she is eating normally.

I am not sure what you has seen, but I can tell you it was not vomit. Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 30 days ago.

How is your Rabbit doing? I wanted to check in on it.

Joan