Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Goldfish dying, we have a man made fish pond

Customer Question

goldfish dying
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the goldfish?
Customer: we have a man made fish pond
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr B replied 3 months ago.

HI this is DRB. If your goldfish is dying then the best thing to do is to end his life peacefully. The best way to do this with a fish is to fill a large ziplock bag full of water and put the fish in it. This way your fish can still get oxygen by being in the water.Then place the bag in the freezer in such a way that fish will still be immersed in the water. This will gradually cause hypothermia and death and is a kind way to end a fish's life. I hope this helps you but please let me know if you need additional help or have other questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much!