Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

At Christmas time a few months back we got two bunnies. One

Customer Question

At Christmas time a few months back we got two bunnies. One is still going strong while we have had trouble keeping a second alive. A couple of times the bunny would waste away getting thinner and thinner until it died, but the other one is fine. I was wondering if they have been getting some kind of bacterial infection that is making it so they aren't getting the nutrients from the food that they have, becasue we are feeding it right, as the other bunny is fat and healthy. Any ideas?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the bunny's name and age?
Customer: Pepper and only about 4-5 months old. And it seems like it is happening again just like the last one that died.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pepper?
Customer: no
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience raising and showing rabbits. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. Some additional information will be useful. What do you feed- both basics and treats? How are the rabbit's droppings- normal, runny, hard, etc.? Are there any bits of undigested food in the droppings? What breed is the rabbit? Thank you.