Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My ferret appears to be paralyzed, completely unresponsive

Customer Question

my ferret appears to be paralyzed
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your ferret?
Customer: completely unresponsive and appears to be jaundiced, found him sleeping in his litter box he is completely limp
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your ferret. What is the ferret's name and age?
Customer: his name is "Oscar and he was a rescue so i am uncertain of his age but he is at least three years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oscar?
Customer: i have attempted to give him honey and water and also honey straight on his gums he seems unable to swallow emergency vet in my area does not treat ferrets
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

We need to see if there is a location within driving distance that can see him tonight. If he's showing signs of jaundice his liver is likely failing. If you intend to treat him, he needs to find a vet who can help immediately given his condition.

Will your share your city and state?