Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

We have a mini rex she is 5 and has I guess what's called

Customer Question

We have a mini rex she is 5 and has I guess what's called wet tail-where she has a orangish/brown on her bottom and hind legs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Hmm let me look just a minute
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about wet?
Customer: no wound on her foot-she does has a mucus kind of discharge with her poop
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We took her to the vet back in Oct for this and they gave her a antibiotic...and it went away for several months and now she has it again-she is pooping out of her litter box and peeing where she doesn't normally. We are feeling her pellets and hay-we took out the kale she was getting to see if it is too much for her diet. What product would you recommend to cure this?
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Did your vet give you a diagnosis last October?
What antibiotic was used?
What diagnostics did they perform?
Is your companion on any probiotics?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They gave her these: Bene -bac syringe/Baytro antibiotics and said that if it doesn't get better to come back. It has been a lot better for several months and now it's happening again. I have included a picture just taken to show you. I could take her back to the vet, or they said they could renew the prescription, but I am not sure if it's a bigger problem? They had suggest teeth possibly, but those look good. I am at a loss? Would it be easier to chat or Skype so you could see her?

The benebac is a probiotic. Did the antibiotics resolve the symptoms entirely or just improve them?

The stool you're seeing, is it formed at all or diarrhea?