Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

We just got a Syrian hamster last Thursday. I have seen a

Customer Question

we just got a Syrian hamster last Thursday. I have seen a little bit of tan type diarrhea in her tank for the past 2 days. I do not see any signs of wet tail on her body. I am not sure if it is just stress due to new home or if in fact I need to take her to vet for wet tail?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Syrian hamster's name?
Customer: Max. My son wanted a boy. He is very mature (16 years old) and hasn't been rough with her at all. only about 10 minutes of holding her and/or having her roll around in her hamster ball in his room
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?
Customer: no
Category: Pet
Expert:  Michelle Ward replied 5 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Michelle. I will see if I can help. Has there been a diet change from what Max is used to? Are there other hamsters in his new enclosure?