Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have a 25 gallon tank and i have bought 2 rubber lip

Customer Question

I have a 25 gallon tank and i have bought 2 rubber lip sucker fish but they keep dying??
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the sucker?
Customer: Well I have had my tank up for about 2 mouths now and everyone else is good in the tank but one thing, my nitrates got high when the first one died but I got that all down then bought another rubber lid and 2 days later he was dead?
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My water looked cloudy and 2 molly's had like cloud eye. Everyone else in my tank cleared up but one?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My email is down please text back
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You can call me
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Text to
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What are your current pH, ammonia, nitrites, and temperature readings for the tank?

Since the nitrates were high before, what are they now? 0?

Can you take a photo of the tank clouding and Molly eye clouding to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.