Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Since a week I have noticed that one of my rabbits is

Since a week I have noticed that one of my rabbits is dragging the back legs. Yesterday, she was sitting straight in her cage, today she is lying flat. I don't see any external injuries and she is only 3 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No I did not, because she was dragging both feet.
JA: What is the rabbit's name?
Customer: Chubby Butt, She is a Lagomoph Lop
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Butt?
Customer: The second rabbit, cotton ball climbs always on top of her, like ridding her. I was scared that she might have broken her back

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. If your rabbit is dragging the back legs then yes her back is broken. Iam very sorry to have to tell you this.There does not have to be any external injuries. Rabbits can kick out forcefully and break their backs....there is nothing that can be done for this other than humane euthanasia. Please let me know if i can helo you further. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks so much. I suspected that was the situation.

You are welcome and I am sorry.....very sorry.....DRB

thank you!!