Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

My 3 month year old Bunny, I feel that he ate a small bit of

My 3 month year old Bunny, I feel that he ate a small bit of Tylenol. I noticed the bigger portion on the floor last night around 3 AM. He's occasionally eating, drinking and jumping around, but he's lying down more often than normal. Is there an at home remedy?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the Bunny will be able to digest that. What is the Bunny's name?
Customer: Nova is his name.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nova?
Customer: Not that I know of

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I have read the concerns and I must advise you to have the Rabbit see at the ER Vet asap. Tylenol is toxic in Rabbits and can affect the Liver. Rabbits cannot vomit, so the Vet can flush the system and administera charcoal lavage to bind the toxins in the body. Please have the Rabbit in asap.

Joan

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My cousin just gave him water with activated charcoal inside. Do you think that will help just in case

He needs to have an IV to flush the system and possible medication to protect the liver agains the effects of the TYlenol. You will also need to watch for him eating and passing pellets. The best solution is to have the Rabbit into the Vet asap Liver damage has been reported with ingestion of Tylenol in Rabbits.

Joan

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you ❤

You are welcome, I want to see your little one safe and sound. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan

How is your Rabbit doing? I wanted to check in and see how he is doing after the toxicity scare.

Joan