Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My gold fish has moss growing on its tail and eye ball. His

Customer Question

My gold fish has moss growing on its tail and eye ball.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the fish's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 1 year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about happy?
Customer: sorry I am a slow typer His tail is our main consern because he is haveing trouble swiming thank you so much my fish is my best friend and I dont know what I would do without him.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he had these signs?

What color is this growth? Like white cotton fluff?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.