My hedgehog was cold today on his stomach and wobbly I know she is probably going into hibernation. We warmed her up and

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My hedgehog was cold today on his stomach and wobbly I know she is probably going into hibernation. We warmed her up and put a heating pad under her cage and she seemed to have warmed up. She came out and she ate some mealworms I left, but now she is laying in an indifferent spot in her cage than normal. Not sure if she was warmed up enough or she is not good.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your hedgehog will be able to digest that. What is the hedgehog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's 7-8 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cholla?
Customer: She's not sprawling out on her stomach like she's cooking off. Just in the corner in a smaller spot wanting to only be under this little towel. Just not sure if I should take her to the vet or if it's necessary
Answered by PitRottMommy in 4 days 5 years ago
imglogo
PitRottMommy
15+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Reptile Veterinary, Exotic Animal Veterinary

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

JACustomer, I am so sorry you haven't heard back from anyone sooner. How is Cholla doing?

Customer
She is so much better, thank you. She was fully back to herself last night. She drinking water again also, and has been running around playing and exercising throughout the night. Her belly is warmed up as well, and she isn't wobbly or anything. We had a big drop in temperature that night and it must have slowed her body down a great deal. Thank you though for responding

Please let me know if anything changes again in the near future with her condition. Good luck!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
PitRottMommy
logo
logo
logo
15+ years of experience
imglogo
PitRottMommy
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.