Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I was watching Zoo Diaries on TV today from the Toronto

Customer Question

I was watching Zoo Diaries on TV today from the Toronto Zoo..They have a midlife sea turtle (About 50 years old) who has gone blind from cataracts. I know that I have seen on Wildlife Docs in Florida who call in human specialists to remove these cataracts on many of these of sea creatures..from what I've watched on the Toronto Zoo on Zoo Diaries and their unconcerned about many Zoo animals, I don't believe that their best interests are for the animals...like the Silver Back male beating up on 2 females quite badly and the staff saying they can only hope he gets better!!! Watching him attacking these females made me sick. I love all animals and watch everything I can about them. I have rescued 2 animals..a cockatiel who went through several owners and was abused in many ways...and 6 years ago I rescued a 3 month old puppy who came from a very abusive woman who was trying to run a puppy factory. I cannot stand big companies like zoos who are in the business for making money and/or using some animals for a horrific show...or lazy people who are breeding animals just for money. Please , will you send me an answer about the Toronto Zoo. Thank you for listening.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

My Name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and I also do rescue work.

I do understand your concern and like you I find this very abusive for the animals. Can you let me what type of

information I can supply for you. I will try to address all your concerns.

Joan