Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He is a 3 yr old Boston terrier. I noticed two e three

Customer Question

He is a 3 yr old Boston terrier. I noticed two e three raised welts/bumps on his back this morning around 10 am. When I returned 6 hours later he is now covered with the same bulbs. His face, in between his eyes, in ears on his paws. I am about give him a bath. All of his bedding and the rugs he like to nap on just started in the washer.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Boston terrier's name?
Customer: Buddy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

You appear to be describing hives and wheals - a hypersensitivity reaction to envenomation, vaccination, a food, drug, or insecticide. Administering an over the counter antihistamine such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) at a dose of 2 mg/lb (maximum dose of 50 mg at any one time) and repeated in 12 hours if necessary should be helpful. If you happen to have prednisone at home, that steroid will work even better when dosed at 0.5 mg/lb once. Please let me know if you have such a drug.