Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts
Hello, I am Dr. Pulter. I am doing a little research and will get back to you in a second.
The croton plant is toxic to many animals. Its main toxicity is as a GI irritant and in dogs and cats will cause vomiting. Rabbits cannot vomit so the toxin will stay in it's system. If Ruby is pawing at her mouth or if she got any sap on her you can wash her off and rinse her mouth with water. It is imperative that you call an animal poison control to determine if how much she ate is toxic to her and what signs to see. In dogs and cats they are usually supported with anti vomiting medications and antacids. This can be extremely different for bunnies.