Chelsea Pulter
Chelsea Pulter, Veterinarian
Experience:  associate veterinarian at Banfield
95952882

My dwarf blue dutch bunny just ate some of the leaves on a

Customer Question

My dwarf blue dutch bunny just ate some of the leaves on a croton plant
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the bunny will be able to digest that. What is the bunny's name and age?
Customer: Ruby and she is about 5 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ruby?
Customer: No
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I hope my answer does not come within a day, because it could kill her by then
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Chelsea Pulter replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Pulter. I am doing a little research and will get back to you in a second.

The croton plant is toxic to many animals. Its main toxicity is as a GI irritant and in dogs and cats will cause vomiting. Rabbits cannot vomit so the toxin will stay in it's system. If Ruby is pawing at her mouth or if she got any sap on her you can wash her off and rinse her mouth with water. It is imperative that you call an animal poison control to determine if how much she ate is toxic to her and what signs to see. In dogs and cats they are usually supported with anti vomiting medications and antacids. This can be extremely different for bunnies.