Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

My hamster is dragging her back foot it just started maybe 3

Customer Question
days ago. She can't even...
My hamster is dragging her back foot it just started maybe 3 days ago. She can't even get up and down her tubes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your hamster. What is the hamster's name?
Customer: Smores
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smores?
Customer: She's at least 2. She has poo stuck to her tail she won't let me remove it its just her one back leg that she drags. I thought maybe her cage was cramped so I emptied it completely except for food and water.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2016
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Is she housed alone or with a companion?
2) Did she sustain an injury of which you're aware?
3) Is the limb limp or rigid?
4) Any wound on the limb?

Dr. Andy, Medical Director