Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. Cuterebra bore into the skin. If these are truly cuterebra they generally need to be removed by a Vet. If not removed properly they can break open causing anaphylaxis in the rabbit. If not removed properly the larvae can migrate deep into the organs or block the breathing passages. This is some information on Myiasis,aka fly-strike: http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_diseases/Parasitic/Myiasis/Miyasis_fly.htm
I suggest for the well being of the Piper she be seen by a rabbit Vet with the experinece in removing the larvae. This is a link for Rabbit Vets: http://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
Please let me know if you have any questions about the information supplied. The first link shows actual surgical removal of the larvae.