Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

Our little guy trys to walk and falls over and seems to hold

Customer Question

Our little guy trys to walk and falls over and seems to hold his head to one side...this just started today//
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: his feet are fine. If I hold him on my chest he rolls of to one side...never did this before
JA: What is the head's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** and he is tw years and three months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Boy?
Customer: No, he is usually very perky and loves to be held, no he is lethargic and falls over
Category: Pet
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jacustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

Has he been scratching his ears at all lately?

Could he have ingested a toxic substance?

What breed is he?

has he had a bath or been swimming recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not impressed...I told the individual that took the info that Boy Boy was a 2 year old Guinea pig- not a DOG!!! So this does not make sense at all.

I'm sorry. If you scroll up, there is no mention of guinea pig. I'll opt out and let an expert in that area take over.

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would like to assist you. A severe head tilt can be from an ear infection that has progressed into the middle ear and inner ear. This type of infection will cause the head tilt also known as torticollis or “wry neck”. It also causes the loss of equilibrium which is the falling over you see and nausea. The treatment for your Boy Boy will depend on the Vet as well as the underlying cause of her torticollis. Generally it is treated with a Guinea Pig safe Antibiotic. This problem is reversible with treatment. I do want to add if Boy Boy stops eating due to this issue you may have to force feed and give fluids. If needed I can get you a list of Guinea Pig Vets. Please let me know.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to our vet and we are heading down thee now.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know what they say. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars so I can be compensated by the site.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Checking back in to see how your Guinea Pig is doing and what the Vet said. Please let me know.

Joan