Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

My cat has worms coming out of s . I gave m an over the

Customer Question
My cat has worms coming...
My cat has worms coming out of his butt. I gave him an over the counter dewormer as I cannot afford a vet bill right now but I'm wondering if I gave him the right kind
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's a year and half
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Piglet?
Customer: He was a feral cat I started feeding as a kitten along with the rest of the litter. The others disappeared so I brought him in
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I also have another cat should I treat him as well? I am treating them both for their fleas
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2016
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience.and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you describe what the worms look like?
2) What is the active ingredient in the medication or the NAME of the medication itself?
3) When did you first see the worms?
4) When did you deworm him?

Checking in, JACustomer, do you still need help?

Dr. Andy, Medical Director