Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

I have a 16 yr old kitty who had colon surgery two weeks

Customer Question
tomorrow to remove backed up...
I have a 16 yr old kitty who had colon surgery two weeks tomorrow to remove backed up stool. He just now moved off the pad where he was lying and there was a pinkish bloody place. I first thought it was from his urine and then when I rolled him on his back it's coming from where they cut him open, It all slimy and whitish looking and oozing out, he wants to wash it. There is kind of a bulged spot and I don't know what to do. He hasn't been active at all today and wouldn't eat,didn't act like he felt good and grunting like in pain. I can't get the vet that did the surgery to answer her phone or return the phone call. I also tried contacting other vets where I live but they were pretty rude and said they were not going to make an emergency vet call when they didn't do the surgery, even though he needs help. What do I do? Please oh please help/
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/26/2016
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Hi, JACustomer. I am here to assist. Can you tell me more? 1) What day did Socks have surgery? 2) Do you have a picture of this area? 3) Is he currently on any antibiotics or was an antibiotic shot like Convenia given to him at the time of surgery?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't mean to be rude but I asked to talk to a cat specialist not a nurse.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A vet please
I can opt out and hopefully a vet will be on to assist you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can someone on this site please help me. My cat is grunting in pain and the incision has stuff running from it still. I don't know what to do and CAN'T get any vet here to see him.
Pet Specialist: Rebeccavet, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebeccavet
Rebeccavet, Veterinarian
Hello,I just came online and saw your question. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian. How is he this morning? The vet who did the surgery should want to see this incision. At my clinic, if there is a problem with the incision we want to see it, and we do not charge for looking at a surgery we did. Is he eating today? Can you take his temperature with a thermometer?
How is your cat today?
Dr. Andy, Medical Director