Pet

Connect one-on-one with a verified pet specialist who will answer your question

Dr. Andy, Medical Director

More related answers
All pet specialists are VERIFIED
> I had a problem my Koi fish has finrot what medications
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Good Morning > I had a problem my Koi fish has finrot what medications can i use i had waterlillys in the pond please help me with the right stuff. … read more
Have lost 5 Koi in the last 2 months. 1- swim balance and
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Have lost 5 Koi in the last 2 months. 1- swim balance and body deterioration, 1 - floating on side - gills whitish but no deterioration. 1 - dropsy, improved but severe fungus, 2 flat bellies with slo… read more
I have a koi fish that has redness along it's dorsal fin.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hi - I have a koi fish that has redness along it's dorsal fin. Other koi in the pond do not have this condition. Have been treating the fish with an antibiotic fish food. Have also increased the salt … read more
A koi pond with 30 koi came with our house a year ago, and
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
A koi pond with 30 koi came with our house a year ago, and one of them (very large) is sick. it is bloated and just sits still at the bottom. the bloated is getting more severe. Not many koi experts i… read more
I have a young butterfly koi (9") that appears to have fin
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
I have a young butterfly koi (9") that appears to have fin rot. Edges of pectoral fin and pelvic fin are red and disappearing. Water parameters are good, Nitrates are about 10ppm near what it comes ou… read more
Hello, I have been losing my koi and not sure why? first it
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Hello, I have been losing my koi and not sure why? first it appears that their tail fins are being bitten off then their side gills are gone then all their gills are gone and death,I have lost 3 in th… read more
One of our koi got caught in a net. He must have had a blur
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
One of our koi got caught in a net. He must have had a blur on his anal fin. We cut the net as close to the fin as possible but there still is some net there. Should we cut into his fin to get it off.… read more
I have a koi that I had recently noticed new coloring on
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
TROPICAL FISH AFICIONADO, Bachelor's Degree
I have a koi that I had recently noticed "new coloring" on his forehead. I have been watching him for a couple of weeks with this. Last night, he was swimming erratically and I saw the coloration had … read more
Hi, My Koi has been sick for the past week, at first she
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
Hi, My Koi has been sick for the past week, at first she hung around the bottom of the tank with her fins clamped, not eating, so I got Aquari-Cycline tablets and treated the tank for three days with … read more
Hi, my golden koi is about 6 inches long and its been really
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
Hi, my golden koi is about 6 inches long and its been really mopey the last 2 days, its top fin stays down, and right where the tail fin meets the body, its reddish and worn, like its scales are rubbi… read more
My koi fish is ill. It appears to be seriously shedding or
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
My koi fish is ill. It appears to be seriously shedding or losing its scales along it's top line. There is redness and deterioration of fins. Please Help.… read more
my koi has his fins layed straight back and his body is bent
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
my koi has his fins layed straight back and his body is bent in like a horseshoe position and he is just laying at the top of the tank… read more
I have a 2ft deep pond with 1 koi and several goldfish. I have
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
I have a 2ft deep pond with 1 koi and several goldfish. I have a floating deicer that keeps a small hole in the ice, but the koi seems to be dying. several times he has been on his back, floating lifl… read more
koi: little fat, its eyes are enlarged, and it swims shakey
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm
I have a koi that looks a little fat, its eyes are enlarged, and it swims shakey. What could be wrong with it and what is the treatment? Is there danger to the rest of my fish?… read more
hi i have a 34 litreaquarium with filter. i hve had 3 goldfish
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
hi i have a 34 litreaquarium with filter. i hve had 3 goldfish in it for 2 months (one an ordinary & the other a black fancy tail with big eyes). Last week i introduced 2 koi into the tank & the black… read more
I have 3 Koi that I have had for at least 10 years and a comet
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
I have 3 Koi that I have had for at least 10 years and a comet and a shubunkin. One Koi has been acting funny for a couple of weeks. When he comes to the surface he is verticle and frantically swimmin… read more
I have a pond with koi , shubunkins and large goldfish. Recently
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
I have a pond with koi , shubunkins and large goldfish. Recently I've noticed that the dorsal fin of some of my koi seem chewed almost halfway off and left bloody. Is this fin rot or do I have an aggr… read more
My pond fish were doing great until a few days ago.
TROPICAL FISH  AFICIONADO
My pond fish were doing great until a few days ago. They are at the top of pond just laying motionless but still alive. There fines look like they are splitting, They were just beautiful a few days ag… read more