Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My 4 yr old male ferret Roman has a black almost sticky

Customer Question
thing coming out of his...
My 4 yr old male ferret Roman has a black almost sticky thing coming out of his skin it looks infected . so is it his fur that somehow got twisted and black and sticky or is it some weird growth ? hes been quite healthy , it dosent seem to bother him . i put a little neo sporin around it and that seemed to draw it out more,,..??? Im afraid to pull it out ,its almost stick like but it could be his hair that got dirty and twisted
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pet
2/13/2016
Pet Specialist: Dr. Jo, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help with your question about your ferret.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

If you're able to use the paperclip icon to upload a photo, that would be very helpful.

sure i have a smart phone how do i send it to you

Just snap the photo then use the paperclip icon to attach.

In the meantime I'll let you know that black sticky stuff like this could either be dried blood, or just some other substance that he managed to get into his fur. There isn't anything else it could be.

ok im on my lap top so where do i send it to ill take the pic w my phone

You'll need to get the photo from your phone onto your laptop, then you can click the paperclip icon to upload it.

Alternatively, you can log in to this website from your phone and then upload it straight from your phone.

im sorry what is the exact email address

You don't need a separate email address. Just post the photo through the same portal that you're sending these messages through, only with the paperclip icon. The website has a great customer support team that can help you with this. Unfortunately, while I'm great with veterinary questions, I'm afraid I can't see what you see on your end or help with website questions.

I sent you the pics... thanks...